Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Change is a good thing!

I am SO excited!! Today is my birthday and I got the BEST birthday present! I was offered a position at a very nice school just down the road from my current school! I am SUPER excited BUT I will need to change the name of my blog to Fun in KINDERGARTEN!!! I am going BACK to teaching Kindergarten!!! I taught Kindergarten for 8 years before I moved to 4th grade and I am excited and not just a little bit, but a LOT freaked out to be going back! BUT I am so excited to have the opportunity to teach at the school I am transferring to. It is an AWESOME school with an AMAZING principal!!!

I interviewed on Friday for a possible 4th grade position and the principal told me that at the time the 4th grade teacher was on medical leave and she wasn't sure if she was coming back or not. She was very complimentary to me and she was very interested in hiring me and she said she really hoped she would have a position to offer me in near future. She called me tonight and told me that she had a teacher come in to her today and tell her that she was leaving and that she wanted to offer me that position and then she told me it was KINDERGARTEN!! She said she immediately thought of me because of my experience teaching kindergarten and my National Board certification in early childhood and she wanted to offer me the position! She said that if she has an upper grade position open up that she would move me up if I want.

I am SO excited but so nervous about going back to kinder! I mean it was my passion, I love teaching kids to read and I feel like I was at my best when I was teaching kindergarten. Ever since my interview on Friday I have been praying that God would lead me down the right path and maybe He wants me back with the little ones. Oh boy, He definitely thinks I am strong LOL Moving up was easy, moving back down is going to be a challenge but I am always ready for a challenge!

Ok sooooo if any of you know of any great Kindergarten blogs please please please share them with me!! I will be looking for all sorts of ideas since I'll be a "newbie" again

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I am so happy for you! I just found you through your nomination. I was also nominated. Good luck! Happy Birthday!

    From a new follower...

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete