Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

School Supplies!

Yikes! School supplies are out and going on sale! I have already hit Wal-Mart and Staples. I was able to get pocket and prong folders for 15 cents each, Spiral notebooks for 20 cents each, and composition notebooks for 40 cents each. At Staples they have their 1 cent sale going on right now. You have to purchase $5 in merchandise but then with your teacher ID you can get 25 each of 2 packs of highlighters, index cards, and 8 packs of pencils for a penny each!! The regular limit is 2 per person but Staples gives teachers a limit of 25!! Make sure you ask at your local store though because my friend in Georgia had a limit of 24.

For the $5 purchase I found some really cute pens for $2 each so I bought 3 of them for my "Fun Pen Bin" that I will be using this coming year as part of my writing instruction.

2 comments:

  1. Starting yesterday, Staples has two-pocket folders for $0.01 with your teacher id. Limit of 25, but they'll let you make 2 transactions. They have Staple's paper on sale for $5.99 with a $5.49 rebate which will only cost $0.50. You can buy two reams of paper, get the rebates, and get 2 reams of paper and 50 two-pocket folders for $1.50 plus tax. How awesome is that?!? :D

    Melly <><


    Second Grade Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, how did I miss that?? What state are you in? My friend in GA told me about the highlighters, index cards, and pencils a week before the sale started in my area so maybe the folders are coming and I didn't miss them. I would be SO disappointed if I did, I use a lot of folders. The paper deal is also great!!

    ReplyDelete